We strongly support this bill. If H. 7138 were to be passed into law, it would:
- enshrine into Rhode Island law that parental rights are a fundamental right,
- provide curriculum transparency to parents of children in Rhode Island public schools,
- allow parents to protect their children’s privacy in public schools,
- allow parents to opt their children out of certain public-school classes, and
- provide a host of additional protections for families in Rhode Island.
If H. 7138 were to be enacted into law, Rhode Island would join twelve other states in the nation that already have similar laws protecting parental rights as a fundamental right.
Please call or email (or both!) your Rhode Island State Representative and ask him or her to support H. 7138.
Your message can be as simple as:
“Please support H. 7138, the Parents’ Bill of Rights. This critical and timely bill will enshrine into Rhode Island law that parental rights are a fundamental right, as the U.S. Supreme Court has held for the past 100 years. And H. 7138 will protect parents and children in Rhode Island’s public schools, allowing parents to make critical decisions regarding their own children.”
If you send an email to your Rhode Island State Representative, please feel free to link to the letter that we sent in support of H. 7138.
Thank you for standing with us to protect parental rights.