We are excited to let you know that a coalition of New Hampshire State Representatives and one New Hampshire State Senator has introduced H.B. 1431, the Parents’ Bill of Rights!
We strongly support this bill. If H.B. 1431 were to be passed into law, it would:
- enshrine into New Hampshire law that parental rights are a fundamental right,
- provide curriculum transparency to parents of children in New Hampshire public schools,
- allow parents to protect their children’s privacy in public schools,
- allow parents to opt their children out of certain public-school classes, and
- provide a host of additional protections for families in New Hampshire.
If H.B. 1431 were to be enacted into law, New Hampshire would join fourteen other states in the nation that already have similar laws protecting parental rights as a fundamental right.
Your message can be as simple as:
“Please support H.B. 1431, the Parents’ Bill of Rights. This critical and timely bill will enshrine into New Hampshire law that parental rights are a fundamental right, as the U.S. Supreme Court has held for the past 100 years. And H.B. 1431 will protect parents and children in New Hampshire’s public schools, allowing parents to make critical decisions regarding their own children.”
If you send an email to your New Hampshire legislators, please feel free to link to the letter that we sent in support of H.B. 1431.
Thank you for standing with us to protect parental rights.